Are you new to driving remote-control trucks? Or are you confused about the charging process of the said RC device? Then rest assured that you have come to the right place.
RC monster trucks are arguably one of the most exciting items to play with. And to continue the fun without irrational disruptions, it is crucial to charge these bad boys properly. For that, you do need to know the correct way to charge them.
For various batteries, various chargers are available. In the example, in this case, typical and basic chargers are suitable for both the LiPo and NiMH batteries. Again, currently, Dual-channel models of such chargers are also available.
Charging the battery of your RC monster truck is different from charging other electronic devices, but the task is not complicated! So, without beating around the bush, let us know How to charge an RC monster truck.
You just need to follow the simple steps mentioned below:
- Understand Your Battery’s Type: At first, you need to understand the type of your truck’s battery; inspect and select the suitable adapter for it. For this, read the instruction manual that comes with the truck.
- Remove the Charger from the Truck: For charging, most advanced RC trucks require you to remove the battery from the vehicle. For that, you might need the help of a screwdriver.
- Choose the Charger: Many RC vehicles come with their own chargers or adapters. But if that is not the case, you need to purchase the said items as per the battery type. We have discussed some options at the beginning of this article.
- Get an Adapter Lead: Many chargers these days come without any adapter lead so that the user can get the suitable one or the one they prefer. If you are a noob in the sector, then make sure to do your homework before making the purchase.
- Ensure Power Input to the Charger: Now it is time to power up the charger, that is, you need to ensure power input to your charger.
- Connect the Battery and Charger: [Next] connect the battery to the charger.
- Set Up the Charging Mode: It is time to set up the charging mode after connecting the battery. Most chargers come with an option to customize the charging mode as per the battery’s demand. It is to be noted that, the recommended safe charging rate is 1C. Besides, the rate is 5.0 A for 5000mAh batteries and so on.
- Begin the Charging Process: Now that you are all done, it is finally time to start the charging. After setting up the mode, press the [start] or [enter] button and you are ready to go!
These are the simple steps you need to keep in mind to have an uninterrupted exciting time with your remote-control trucks. We hope that this will come in handy for all the RC truck enthusiasts out there.